Beijing, CHINA, September 15th, 2021 – Xiaomi today unveiled its new tablet Xiaomi Pad 5 during its global product launch, as well as a stellar list of AIoT products that further expand Xiaomi’s smart home and wearable offerings for today’s connected consumers. The new AIoT products include Mi Smart Projector 2, Xiaomi Mesh System AX3000 (2-Pack), and Mi Smart Band 6 NFC.
Amid the new norm, more consumers are reconfiguring their homes to meet the new functional requirements to adjust to the post-pandemic era, which is merging both leisure and work. These four new distinct products empower consumers with more smart devices that make lives comfortable within their own home.
Xiaomi Pad 5: Play Hard, Work Smart
Xiaomi Pad 5 is versatile as a productivity tool for both work or the classroom, but doubles as a premium mobile entertainment experience.
“Amid a new normal and students returning to school, Xiaomi Pad 5 comes at a time that fits our new way of going from work to being entertained and everything in between in an instant. It’s truly an all-in-one workstation that’s packed with value from form to function, wherever it’s used, including in a classroom, at home or in an office.” said TJ Walton, Product Marketing Manager at Xiaomi international.
This portable workstation is packed with premium features to empower users to Play hard, work smart including:
- Productivity Suite – Xiaomi Pad 5 is equipped with features that’ll boost your productivity. Scan any documents using the 13MP single camera and seamlessly share with coworkers or classmates. For a natural writing experience, Xiaomi Smart Pen1 comes with only 12.2g, 4096 pressure sensitivity and 240Hz touch sampling rate. Xiaomi Smart Pen also includes convenient features such as Smart Pen function keys to quickly jot down notes, taking screenshots or easily switching between pen and eraser. Besides, you’re also conference-call ready with a 8MP front camera, which supports 1080p video.
- Vibrant Display with Comfortable Viewing Experience – Xiaomi Pad 5 features an 11-inch WQHD+ 120Hz display that brings content to life with elaborate images with more soft and natural colors full of details. With support for Dolby Vision®, Xiaomi Pad 5 enables a premium HDR viewing experience bringing ultra vivid imagery with incredible brightness, contrast, detail, and colors you have never seen before on a screen. And even if you’re watching your favorite shows for a prolonged period of time, and no matter where you are watching, Xiaomi Pad 5’s True Display and built-in Low Blue Light mode ensures a clear but safe and comfortable viewing experience.
- Immersive Acoustics – As Xiaomi Pad 5 captivates your eyes, it’ll also be easy on the ears when you’re squeezing in leisure time. Enjoy rich stereo sound with large quad speakers that offer a louder, and crisper sound. Moreover, there is Dolby Atmos® immersive audio for the ultimate sound experience with unparalleled detail, depth, and realism while listening to your favourite Dolby Atmos contents.
- Packed with High-Performance and Built to Unparalleled Connection -To ensure keeping up with your studies, work, entertainment, and everything in-between, Xiaomi Pad 5 is equipped with a 7nm high-performance Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 860 processor with a max clock speed of up to 2.96Ghz. And to keep users always connected, Xiaomi Pad 5 comes with longer battery life supported by 8,720mAh (typ) capacity.
Mi Smart Band 6 NFC: Contactless Payment for the Post-Pandemic Era
Living in the shadow of the pandemic got us thinking on how to reconstruct a smart, healthy, and stress-free life under the new norms of social distancing. To help users adopt that changing lifestyle, Xiaomi is re-shaping its technological innovations, starting from the day-to-day wearables.
Back in March 2021, Xiaomi introduced the Mi Smart Band 6 which includes the SpO2 function to provide health indications on users’ respiratory system, and other all-encompassing health tracking features such as sleeping and stress-level detection, breathing guidance to help users to take control of their overall physical and mental health.
Now, in collaboration with Mastercard, the world’s No.1 wearable band brand2 is bringing back its beloved Mi Smart Band 6 to the spotlight with a focus on contactless payment. By adding the full-fledged NFC feature, the new version now offers a fast, secure, and convenient way to pay. Payments are made more efficiently than ever, no matter if it’s for picking up daily groceries, paying for public transport or even simply grabbing a coffee during users’ daily running routine.
“We believe wearables is important to the payment ecosystem. We are seeing a rise from the use of plastic payments to mobile, including wearables. With technology and innovation playing a central role, we see more devices enabled for payment enter the market. In addition, they will have capabilities such as providing new ways to communicate, disrupting the enterprise, and enhancing our digital-physical interactions, said Valerie Nowak, Executive Vice President, Product & Innovation, Europe.” Expanding on last year’s successful collaboration across Russia, Belarus, and Ukraine, we are now partnering with Xiaomi in 19 regions, with plans to expand the next few months.”
Besides that, the all-new Mi Smart Band 6 NFC version now also offers built-in Amazon Alexa, expands hands-free experience for smart homeowners.
Mi Smart Projector 2: Your Portable Home Cinema
Aside from Xiaomi Pad 5 and Mi Smart Band 6 NFC version, Xiaomi is also releasing an all-new entertainment piece to its smart home line-ups – Mi Smart Projector 2. Boasting a 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution in a compact size, Mi Smart Projector 2 is a handy, portable, plug and play device that users want. With Dolby Audio™, the projector delivers crystal clear audio quality across all sound sources.
Featuring multi-angle auto-keystone correction and auto-focusing, the device can quickly project a perfectly square screen on most walls. It also runs on a certified Android TV™ system with built-in Google Assistant3, so not only does it provide users endless entertainment right out of the box but also offers smart voice commands on users’ smart home products.
Xiaomi Mesh System AX3000 (2-Pack): Stay Connected with Wi-Fi 6
Designed to power whole-home smart devices, the newly released Xiaomi Mesh System AX3000 (2-Pack) offers strong and reliable Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 network coverage of up to 4,000 sq. ft.4 It also supports a maximum number of connections up to 254 devices5. No matter how many devices are connected and running, the device will provide optimized network efficiency and reduced latency with 1024QAM modulation, as well as OFDMA and 2 x 2 MIMO technology support.
The smart mesh system also supports automatic network switching to ensure seamless roaming when users are moving across different rooms. The device can even initiate a self-repairing process to reorganize the network whenever a device is detected offline, keeping users connected to Wi-Fi 6 all the time.
Pricing and Availability:
Comes in two color options-Cosmic Gray and Pearl White, Xiaomi Pad 5 6GB + 128GB version recommended retail price starts from EUR 349, while the 6GB + 256GB version recommended retail price starts from EUR 399.
Mi Smart Band 6 NFC recommended retail price starts from EUR 54.9.
Mi Smart Projector 2 recommended retail price starts from EUR 599.
Xiaomi Mesh System AX3000 (2-Pack) recommended retail price starts from EUR 149.
Product available channels and timelines, please refer to mi.com page in your region.
1, Xiaomi Smart Pen is sold separately. Availability may vary in different markets.
2, Source: Canalys Wearable Band Analysis (Sell-in shipments), Q2 2021.
3, Google, Android TV are all trademarks of Google LLC. Google Assistant is not available in certain countries and languages. Compatible devices that support Google Assistant are required.
4, Xiaomi Mesh System AX3000 comes in a 2-Pack with a single individual device covering up to 2000 sq. ft for a total of 4,000 sq. ft of coverage when combining the two.
5, 2,976 Mbps and 254 devices are results tested under laboratory conditions
Xiaomi Pad 5 Quick Specs
||Xiaomi Pad 5
||11-inch display with 2560 x 1600 resolution
WQHD+ 120Hz Display
More than 1 billion colors
Supports DCI-P3 and Dolby Vision®
Built-in low blue light hardware, blue light reduction software
||Cosmic Gray, Pearl White
||254.69mm x 166.25mm x 6.85mm
16mmx20mm speaker size
||Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 860
- Qualcomm Kryo 485
- Octa-core CPU up to 2.96 GHz
- Adreno 640
- 7nm process technology
- 4th Gen Qualcomm AI engine
||WiFi Protocol 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0
||8720 (typ) mAh battery
22.5W in-box charger
||MIUI for Pad
||Xiaomi Smart Pen1
About Xiaomi Corporation
Xiaomi Corporation was founded in April 2010 and listed on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on July 9, 2018 (1810.HK). Xiaomi is a consumer electronics and smart manufacturing company with smartphones and smart hardware connected by an IoT platform at its core.
Embracing our vision of “Make friends with users and be the coolest company in the users’ hearts”, Xiaomi continuously pursues innovations, high-quality user experience and operational efficiency. The company relentlessly builds amazing products with honest prices to let everyone in the world enjoy a better life through innovative technology.
Xiaomi is one of the world’s leading smartphone companies. The company’s market share in terms of smartphone shipments ranked No. 2 globally in the second quarter of 2021. The company has also established the world’s leading consumer AIoT (AI+IoT) platform, with 374.5 million smart devices connected to its platform as of June 30, 2021, excluding smartphones and laptops. Xiaomi products are present in more than 100 countries and regions around the world. In August 2021, the company made the Fortune Global 500 list for the third time, ranking 338th, up 84 places compared to 2020.
Xiaomi is a constituent of the Hang Seng Index, Hang Seng China Enterprises Index, Hang Seng TECH Index and Hang Seng China 50 Index.